Friday, August 3, 2012

Foodie Fake Out: Sand Dessert



I'm posting a day earlier this week because I was invited to participate in a Foodie Fake Out!  Stephanie from Back for Seconds asked a few of us bloggers to come up with a recipe that looks like something else.  I was so excited because I love stuff like this...especially those little hamburgers that are made out of cookies :)  I decided to make Sand Dessert...a dessert that looks like sand, however it's made with cookies, cream cheese, pudding and cool whip!  It's a snap to put together since it doesn't need to bake and it makes quite an impression at parties...I hope you enjoy!


 

Ingredients are as follows:

1 (18-20 oz.) vanilla creme sandwich cookies
2 1/2 C milk
2 (3.4 oz.) packages vanilla instant pudding
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 C powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
8 ounces cool whip 

1 new (7 inch) plastic pail (optional) 


Directions:

Grind up the cookies; set aside.

Whisk together the milk and pudding; set aside.


Cream together the cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla.


Mix in the cool whip.


Fold in the pudding.


Place a layer of cookie crumbs in the bottom of the pail.


Add a layer of the pudding/cream cheese/cool whip mixture.


Continue to repeat the layers with the remaining ingredients.  Refrigerate until served.  Add some cute decorations if you'd like.


Spoon some out and enjoy!





19 comments:

  1. This is A GREAT fake out! It really looks like sand!
    And who doesn't love vanilla creme cookies! So cute that it can be molded in a sand mold too!
    I am a new follower!
    I would love you to join me for ON THE MENU MONDAY, my weekly linky foodie/recipe/menu party. I hope you will come over with your great recipes and share them with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea, especially for the kiddos. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun, I know kids of all ages would love this! Perfect for a beach party! I can see this in a oblong dish with miniature buckets and toys on top. Love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this idea! The kids would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is FANTASTIC! Seriously so cute and I bet it tastes amazing too! Love the presentation! Thank you so much for being a part of the Foodie Fake Out! I had a blast with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. my kids are going to love this

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! Stopping by from Titus2Tuesday – this is so cute! It would be perfect for a beachy themed party, too. Thanks for sharing! :)
    I hope you’ll come visit me at jugglingactmama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a cute idea! Pinning for a possible future party! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. it sound really yummy and looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, love, love! Thanks for sharing at Must Try Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cool is that? Wow! Thanks for linking up! Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  12. Too cute!! I’d love to have you link this up to Tasty Thursdays on The Mandatory Mooch. http://mandatorymooch.blogspot.com/2012/08/tasty-thursdays-3.html

    Thanks, Nichi

    ReplyDelete
  13. hahaha This is toooo darn cute!!

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute! I wish my kids didn't have so many food allergies so i could make this when we go on vacation in a few weeks. May have to think of something cute to do in the beach pail!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute -- perfect fake out! Like the sand bucket presentation. Thanks for sharing on Busy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. so fun!! Thanks for linking to the first every craft link at Tasteful Tuesdays! Hope you come back again this week and show off your stuff! Party Opens tonight at 8:30. http://www.nap-timecreations.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a cute idea! My boys will love this. Oh, and it will be a hit for school! Thank you for sharing on Thursday's Treasures week 46. <3 and hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to leave one :)