Saturday, February 8, 2014

Take 5 Brownie Bars




One of our favorite candy bars are Take 5, however where I live, they are impossible to find!  I have looked in every major store, the gas stations, little mom & pop shops, but nope...no candy bars! I looked on the internet and there are quite a few others who have this problem too.  If everyone loves them then why are they so hard to find?  So the other day I was craving one, and of course we didn't have any, so I decided to come up with something on my own and they sure did hit the spot!


Ingredients are as follows:

1 (16.5 ounce) chocolate cake mix 
1 C evaporated milk
1/2 C butter, melted
54 mini pretzels (Chop these up if you have little kids eating these instead of putting them on whole!)
1 (12.25 ounce) jar of caramel sauce
1/2 C peanuts, crushed a little
1 C creamy peanut butter
1 C milk chocolate chips

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees; grease a 13 x 9" pan.


Mix the cake mix, evaporated milk and melted butter together.



Spread half of the mixture into the prepared pan.


Add a layer of pretzels; bake for 10 minutes.


Remove from oven and pour on the caramel sauce.


Sprinkle on the peanuts; melt the peanut butter and pour that on as well.


Spoon the remaining batter on top.


Bake 20-25 minutes; remove from oven and sprinkle on the chocolate chips.


Let that sit for a few minutes then spread the chocolate out and sprinkle on some crushed peanuts and crushed pretzels if you like.  Let them cool down.


Slice, serve and enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. OMG! This sounds awesome. I'm looking for a dessert to take to a Bible study group tonight. I think I found it. They will love it. I hope,you can bring this over to What'd You Do This Weekend tomorrow.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to leave one :)