Doesn't this bread look delicious? My good friend Jane from Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms made it and she is graciously sharing it with us today. If you don't know Jane you definitely need to stop over and take a look at her blog. Jane and I met when I first started blogging and we've remained good friends ever since. Her site is full of recipes, reviews, giveaways and she hosts a blog party every Monday: Melt in Your Mouth Monday. She's one busy lady, and yet she's more then happy to help anytime you need it.
Now let's see how she makes this beautiful bread...
Ingredients are as follows:
4 oz. package 60% Cacao bittersweet chocolate baking bar
1/2 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 large egg
1 1/2 cups mashed (very ripe) bananas
1/4 cup milk
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
1/4 cup walnuts, chopped (for the topping)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray one 9 x 5 loaf pan with nonstick spray; set aside.
2. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler over low heat. Set aside to cool.
3. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugars together. Add
the egg, bananas, milk, and melted chocolate. Mix on low speed until
4. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, salt, and baking soda. Add
the flour mixture and 1/2 cup of walnuts to the wet mixture. Mix on low
speed until combined. Pour the batter into the loaf pan evenly. Sprinkle
the top with 1/4 cup of walnuts.
5. Bake for 65 – 67 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely before slicing.
When the bread is completely cooled. Wrap well in plastic wrap and
place in a freezer bag. Label the bag and freeze up to 2 months.
Labels: banana, bread, breakfast, chocolate, dessert, nut