Saturday, May 10, 2014

Simply the Best Apple Pear Crisp!


oatmeal-topping


I love a good apple crisp!  There is something about the warm sweet apples with that crunchy, buttery oatmeal topping that's so delicious.  I had some pears in the fridge that were going bad (and I hate to waste) so I decided to whip up my favorite apple crisp and toss in the pears with it...talk about delicious!  The fruit goes together nicely, and the topping gets me every time; I love it!  My trick to keeping it nice and crunchy is to make it first then put it in the refrigerator while you prepare your fruit.  This way the butter is nice and cold which makes it perfect.  My recipe is easy to prepare, has simple ingredients and it can be whipped up in no time at all.  I topped mine off with some fresh whipped cream, but a big scoop of vanilla ice cream would be delicious too.  I hope you enjoy!


 
Print Friendly and PDF
Ingredients are as follows:


topping:
1/2 C butter
1 C oats
3/4 C flour
1/4 C brown sugar
1/4 C white sugar
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. vanilla

filling:
5 medium apples (I used granny smith)
3 pears
1/4 C brown sugar
2 Tbsp. flour
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. lemon juice



Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees; grease an 8 x 8 inch baking dish.

Melt the butter in the microwave (or on the stove top).


Add the oats, flour, sugars, baking soda, baking powder and vanilla. 

 

Mix until completely combined; put in the refrigerator to cool.


Peel the apples and pears then slice them into pieces.


Mix in the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla and lemon juice.


Pour into prepared pan.


Remove topping from the fridge (it will be stuck together) and crumble it on top.


Bake for 35-40 minutes; until golden brown on top. 


Allow to slightly cool before serving.  


Take a bite and enjoy!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to leave one :)