All the delicious flavors of s'mores made into a rich creamy fudge!
Fudge is one of my favorite desserts, and this S'mores flavored fudge is high up on the list! It's creamy, delicious, and packed full of goodness. This tasty sweet was inspired by an American dessert, s’mores: fire-toasted marshmallows with chocolate between two graham crackers. The name derives from “some more” which you’ll understand once you’ve eaten some. There are few ingredients, no temperature to watch and they are soooooo good!
Ingredients are as follows:
Makes About 24 Pieces
2 cups (3 ½ oz/105g) mini-marshmallows
5 graham crackers
7 oz (220g) dark chocolate
7 oz (220g) milk chocolate
2 tablespoons butter
14-oz (400-g) can sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- “Toast” half of the marshmallows on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper for 4-5 minutes, until they are golden brown and have a crispy surface.
- Coarsely crush the crackers.
- Chop the two chocolates and dice the butter.
- Heat the condensed milk in a saucepan on low heat.
- Add the chocolates and butter and quickly blend together with a heatproof spatula.
- Melt the chocolates and butter until the mixture is smooth and even.
- Stir in the crackers and most of the marshmallows (toasted and untoasted), saving some marshmallows for the topping.
- Scrape the mixture into a pan about 8 x 12 inches (20 x 30 cm).
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours to set.
- Cut the fudge into pieces.
Aasum Hultberg, Sweden’s 2014 Pastry Chef
of the Year shares her best recipes for candy, modern delights and classics
with butter, cream, sugar, chocolate, nuts and berries. Hultberg breaks down
what goes into choosing her ingredients and offers a crash course in
candy-making 101 so readers can create their own beautiful, specialty
confections straight from their kitchen.
Savor modern delights with a twist and learn to make homemade Snickers
treats, licorice toffee and peanut butter cups. With easy-to-follow
instructions and delicious recipes, the treats can be enjoyed both at
home or as party treats or holiday gifts.
Available: August, 2016