One delicious way to top off Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls is to add caramel, chocolate and pecans! These decadent Chocolate and Caramel-Cinnabon Skewers are the perfect way to indulge in a special treat. All you have to do is bake the rolls, drizzle on some caramel, chocolate, icing, and then sprinkle on the pecans. This makes for a quick, easy and delicious breakfast, dessert, or mid-night snack!
Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Flaky Supreme refrigerated Cinnabon cinnamon
rolls with icing
5 (12- or
10-inch) wooden skewers
unwrapped (from 14-oz bag)
3/4 cup milk
chocolate baking chips
Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
Heat oven to 350 degrees; line large cookie sheet with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
1. Separate dough into 5 rolls; reserve icing. Unroll each roll into a strip; thread each strip onto wooden skewer. Place on cookie sheet.
2. Bake 13 to 19 minutes or until golden brown.
3. Place a piece of waxed paper under cooling rack. Transfer skewers from cookie sheet to cooling rack.
4. Meanwhile, in a 2-qt saucepan over low heat, heat caramel and milk, stirring occasionally.
5. Drizzle caramel mixture lengthwise over cinnamon strips; roll in pecans. Place back on cooling rack.
6. In a small resealable freezer plastic bag, place chocolate chips and oil; seal bag. Microwave on high 15-25 seconds or until softened. Gently squeeze bag until chocolate is smooth. Cut off a tiny corner of the bag and drizzle over crosswise over cinnamon strips.
7. Place reserved icing in a small resealable freezer plastic bag; seal bag. Microwave on high for 10 seconds or until softened. Cut a tiny corner off the bag and drizzle onto the skewers.
8. Serve warm and enjoy!
Labels: Caramel, chocolate, Cinnabon, cinnamon rolls, icing, pecans