Halloween is almost here so today I'm sharing a cute and spooky drink to make for the kids! This recipe was created by Guiding Stars and they were gracious enough to allow me to share it here. All you'll need are grapes and blueberries to get started, and then you can toss the eyeballs into your favorite drink!
large red seedless grapes
a nice, sharp paring knife
toothpicks snapped in half
1. Starting from the stem end, begin peeling sections of the grape
skin from the flesh. The trick to the “veiny” look is to peel the skin
in an outward motion so that it will leave a shredded look toward the
base of the grape.
2. Using the tip of the knife, carefully carve out a circular chunk
from the stem end of the grape about 1/4″ deep. This will be where you
insert the blueberry “iris.”
3. Choose a blueberry that will fit in the hole you’ve just carved,
cut it in half across the middle, leaving the blossom end intact, which
will simulate the retina of the eyeball.
4. Place the blueberry into the indentation you carved into the grape
and insert a toothpick through the middle of the blueberry, pushing
until the toothpick is no longer visible.
5. Display your eyeballs in a glass of ice water, fruit juice, or simply lying in a bowl. Prepare for shocked children.