Saturday, October 15, 2011

Gingerbread Rolls with Pumpkin Cream Cheese Frosting

 
 

This recipe is the perfect way to welcome the chilly weather.  It's a lightly sweetened gingerbread dough that I filled with pumpkin, brown sugar and butter.  Then to top it off I made a Pumpkin Cream Cheese Frosting!  It makes your house smell amazing and the best part about this recipe is that it starts with a mix!  I recently had the opportunity to try King Arthur's Gingerbread Cookie & Cake Mix and I'm so happy that I did.  Once I received the mix, I knew I didn't want to make cookies or cake, but something different.  After many days of contemplating I finally came up with this delicious recipe and I'm very pleased with the results.  The wonderful folks at King Arthur Flour are graciously offering one of you a mix as well!  All you have to do is leave a comment telling me what you're going to make. 


Print Friendly and PDF  
Ingredients are as follows:

2 (.25 ounce) packages of instant yeast
2 1/4 C warm water (around 110 degrees)
1 Tbsp sugar

1 King Arthur Gingerbread Cookie & Cake Mix
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. salt
4 1/2 C flour 

1 1/4 C canned pumpkin
1 C butter, softened
1 C brown sugar
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice

Frosting:
12 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 C butter, softened
1 3/4 C powdered sugar
3/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice


Directions:

In a bowl mix the yeast, warm water and sugar.  Give a little stir and let it sit for about ten minutes.


Pour the proofed yeast into a bigger bowl then add the Gingerbread Cookie & Cake Mix, vanilla, salt and flour.


Mix until incorporated and a dough forms; knead an additional five minutes (The dough may be a little sticky, however do not add additional flour now).


Place in a well greased bowl, cover with a towel and set in a warm place so the dough can rise.


Allow dough to rise until doubled in size.


Roll out dough onto a well floured surface  (this is where any additional flour can be added if it's too sticky to work with; I added about half a cup).

 

I rolled my dough out to about 18 x 20 inches

Cream together the pumpkin, butter, brown sugar & pumpkin pie spice.


Evenly spread this mixture over the dough.


Roll the dough up; slice into 12 pieces.  Place into a greased 9 x 13" pan. 


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Cover the rolls with a towel, place in a warm area and allow to rise again (about half an hour)



Bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes.


While the rolls are cooling, cream together the cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar and pumpkin pie spice.


Frost the rolls.


Take a bite and enjoy!


Contest Closed!
Congratulations comment #28 
Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...
I follow you on GFC!

Are you ready to get your own mix?  All you have to do is leave a comment below telling me what you're going to make if you win!



If you'd like to have additional entries, leave a comment for one (or more) telling me you:

~ "Like" Flour Me With Love

~ "Like" King Arthur Flour 

~ Follow Flour Me With Love on Twitter or Google Friend Connect


~Join The Baking Circle; a wonderful online community by King Arthur Flour

~ Sign up for the Baking eNewsletter on King Arthur Flour

This contest is open to residents in the U.S/Canada and ends October 22, 2011 at midnight.  The winner will be notified via email.  Please note that king Arthur Flour provided me with a mix, however the opinions are my own.


King Arthur Flour offers so many wonderful resources on their site and blog.  I listed a few that may interest you: 

-Learn more about their flours, their commitment to quality, and why you get so much more with King Arthur Flour 
  
 -Attend a baking class or demo in Norwich or on the road
 
-Find out how to bring the free Life Skills Bread Baking Program to middle-school students in your community 
 
-Get step-by-step instructions for your most delicious baking through our Baking Banter blog or one of over 2,000 free recipes online
 
-Get help with all your baking challenges from the experts on our Baking Hotline

Please note that King Arthur Flour provided me with a mix, however the opinions are my own.

43 comments:

  1. I would love to make gingerbread men with my kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would make these!! They look wonderful! I'd like to invite you to share them today at our Seasonal Inspiration party!

    Becca @ Crumbs and Chaos
    www.crumbsandchaos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liked you on FB!

    Becca @ Crumbs and Chaos
    www.crumbsandchaos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I was waiting for you to post this! They totally sound like the best rolls ever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I follow you on Twitter and I would totally make these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look and sound delicious! I can't think of anything better for the holidays. Thanks for sharing on Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would make gingerbread teddy bears. I think this will be great to try out my new teddy bear cookie cutter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I follow Flour Me With Love on Twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I follow King Arthur Flour on Twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I subscribe to Baking eNewsletter on King Arthur Flour.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm pretty darn sure I'd make these, since right now, I'll probably do it anyways. (If you trust me to try another one of your recipes?! One's gotta turn out right.) These look amazing!! ~ Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  12. If I won, I would make these rolls for sure! They sound delicious! I always make my own cinnamon rolls for my family! I "liked" you on FB! ~Patty~

    ReplyDelete
  13. After seeing your yummy rolls, I would really have to give them a try!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just signed up for the e-newsletter and the Baking Circle too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These look amazing! Thanks for sharing at Church Supper! Have a blessed week.

    Everyday Mom's Meals

    ReplyDelete
  16. If you love this creative use of the gingerbread cookie and cake mix - you might like the seasonal flavors of the Cinnamon Swirl Pumpkin Rolls recipe from the KAF website!
    http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/cinnamon-swirl-pumpkin-rolls-recipe
    Happy Baking! Irene @ KAF

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, these sound yummy! Cream cheese...mmmmmm good.

    New follower on GFC, I hope that you can head over to http://radcrafter.com and follow me too.

    Alida

    ReplyDelete
  18. I "like" you on facebook, and I'd love to try the gingerbread rolls--sound "yummy!"

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am following you on "twitter", and I would either make the rolls or gengerbread men with my granddaughter if I won! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is super creative.Yummy..love it :)) I'm your newest follower from mad skills blog linky today, Marilyn via http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com..So much creative and inspiring crafts here..Hope u can visit me sometime :))

    ReplyDelete
  21. You had me at pumpkin and brown sugar, that sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, yes please! These look so wonderful! Thanks for sharing!
    Stephanie @ Ladywiththeredrocker.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I will use it as a crust for something yummy! These look delish, btw. And thanks for sharing on Crazy Sweet Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh YUM!!! Not good for this 8 months preggo momma to see! =)

    ReplyDelete
  25. wow! Really wishing I cold have a couple of these today! Pumpkin cream cheese frosting sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I like Flour Me With Love on FB under A Little Nosh.

    Amy @ A Little Nosh

    ReplyDelete
  27. I like King Arthur Flour on FB under A Little Nosh.

    Amy @ A Little Nosh

    ReplyDelete
  28. oooh dear, I must say these look divine! I could eat the pan! Thx for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I would make those yummy gingerbread rolls above!

    ReplyDelete
  30. LOVE THE LOOK OF THESE! THANKS FOR SHARING AT WONKA WEDNESDAY! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  31. I want to make these rolls! They look like they smell awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hey Doll, Just wanted to let you know that I am featuring this recipe
    today at Frugalicious Me! Thanks for sharing!!! I can't make them!
    XOXO,
    Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  33. As always, I'm sitting here drooling!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Looks delish.

    Thanks for sharing with us at
    Simply Delish Saturday

    ReplyDelete
  35. These Gingerbread Rolls would just be outstanding. They look delicious and I can't wait to make them, yum!! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you are having a great week end and come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wow, I'm so excited for you and how many comments people have left! You're really growing!! Best of luck and these look so good!

    Not Your Ordinary Agent
    Not Your Ordinary Recipes
    Clean Gal

    ReplyDelete
  37. These look amazing! I shared your recipe on my Must Try Tuesday post this week.

    http://therickettchronicles.blogspot.com/2011/10/must-try-tuesday-october-25-2011.html

    Thanks for sharing!

    Wende
    The Rickett Chronicles

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to leave one :)